Fountainhead College of Technology is the only educational institution in East Tennessee authorized to award six National Security Agency's (NSA) Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) certificates: 4011, 4012, 4013, 4014 (Advanced), 4015 and 4016 to graduates of its Network Security and Forensics Baccalaureate degree program.
Understanding that protecting the nation's critical infrastructure is a multi-faceted endeavor, the college has made a strong commitment to achieve this goal by establishing an institution-wide center for Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Training (IACT), through which all information assurance educational initiatives converge.
The mission of the IACT Center is to develop and maintain a strong information assurance curriculum that adheres to national standards, and to also address the cybersecurity needs of the community by offering training and support for Fountainhead College of Technology students, staff, and faculty; local law enforcement; government agencies; and information technology professionals.
Fountainhead's IACT Center supports:
- Students by offering advanced information assurance education
- Local law enforcement through training and outreach initiatives to combat cybercrime
- Our community by offering security awareness training and workshops
- The professional community by offering advanced information assurance training
The IACT Center's mission is aligned with the cybersecurity goals of the following national organizations:
- Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education (CISSE)
- Commmittee on National Security Systems (CNSS)
- Department of Defense (DoD)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA)
- National Information Assurance Education & Training Program (NIETP)
- National Information Assurance Training and Education Center (NIATEC)
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- National White Collar Crime Center (NWCC)
The Center's Mission is to:
- Provide support to Fountainhead students by offering advanced information assurance training.
- Provide support to local law enforcement by way of training and outreach efforts to combat cybercrime.
- Provide support to our community by offering security awareness training by hosting community workshops.
- Provide support to our professional community by offering high-level information assurance and INFOSEC training.
Fountainhead College of Technology's Center for Information Assurance & Cybersecurity Training (IACT) was created in 2004 in response to the need for skilled workers in the field of information assurance and INFOSEC training.
Fountainhead College of Technology is designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAEIAE) by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).