Fountainhead College Financial Aid Office


We believe that a quality education should be available to anyone who desires one. Our Financial Aid Team works diligently with students to find  available funding sources so that students can get on track to acquire a career and realize their dreams.

Our team works with incoming students to help you navigate and simplify the financial aid process and match you with the resources and budget that is right for you. Pursuing an education at Fountainhead College is an investment in both time and money, and we understand that the amount of aid you will receive will influence your decision to attend. This is why we make this process as straightforward, streamlined and simple as possible. Fountainhead is a great school, and our financial aid team is eager to show you how to get the financial support you need to get on with your education. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.

FCT-School-Code-web2Email Financial Aid emailButton


Financial Aid FAQs

  • Can I see a sample loan repayment calculation?

    Following is a sample loan calculation for an independent, associate's degree seeking graduate.
    Loan Calculator

    Loan Balance:


    Adjusted Loan Balance:


    Loan Interest Rate:


    Loan Fees:


    Loan Term:

    10 years

    Minimum Payment:


    Enrollment Status:

    In Repayment

    Degree Program:

    Associate’s Degree

    Total Years in College:

    1.5 years

    Average Debt per Year:


    Monthly Loan Payment:


    Number of Payments:


    Cumulative Payments:


    Total Interest Paid:


  • What are Entrance and Exit Counseling

    What is Entrance Counseling?

    As a student loan borrower, you must complete Entrance Counseling so you can be completely informed before borrowing a loan. This process is designed to notify you of all of the important information about your Direct Subsidized Loan, Direct Unsubsidized Loan or Direct Plus Loan. You may complete this process in approximately 30 minutes by visiting:, creating an account and completing Entrance Counseling.


    What is Exit Counseling?

    After you have taken a federal student loan, you will need to prepare to repay it.   Exit Counseling will provide you with the important information you will need. This process will take 20-30 minutes to complete and you will be able to do so by visiting:, logging in and Completing Exit Counseling. You are required to do this when you graduate, leave school or reduce your course load to below half-time status (less than 6 hours). You will need your FSA ID as well as names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers for your next of kin, two references who live in the US and your future employer (if known). You will review and sign your Borrower’s Rights and Responsibilities and be reminded of all of the terms and conditions of your loans. More specific information regarding Exit Counseling may be found at:

  • What is my estimated cost of attendance? (Shopping Sheet)

    A sample estimated 15-16 cost of attendance for an independent student seeking an associate's degree is
    demonstrated below in the sample shopping sheet.
    fct shopping sheet
  • What is Professional Judgement?

    Professional Judgement
    This process allows the financial aid administrator to use discretion to address a student’s ability to pay educational expenses due to unusual circumstances.  On a case-by-case basis, with significant documentation and justification, adjustments may be made in the student’s file when warranted.
    Dependency Override
    The use of this process is rare and is determined on a case-by-case basis by the financial aid administrator.  Dependency overrides are generally used if a student can be documented as lacking parental support due to being abused, being abandoned or experiencing some other type of parental neglect. This process allows a student who is normally categorized as dependent to be re-categorized as independent.
  • What are my borrower rights and responsibilities?

    Your Rights

    As a borrower of a Federal Student Loan, you have the right to know the following:

    • The names and addresses of your lender, guaranty agency, secondary market, and servicer (if any)

    • Notification, in writing, if your loan is sold or transferred, which indicates the name, address, and telephone number of the new loan holder. From that point forward, you should direct all future correspondence to the new holder of your loan.

    • Principal and interest rate (or combined interest rates) and fees on every loan.

    • Your repayment schedule, prior to when your first payment is due, which specifies the total amount of your monthly principal and interest payments, when they start, number dollar amount and frequency of payments.

    • You may prepay all or any part of your student loans without penalty.

    • Minimum monthly loan payments are $50 per month and the amount may vary depending on how much you have borrowed.

    • You have a maximum of ten years, under Standard Repayment, to repay your student loans unless you choose a different repayment option.

    • You may request a deferment from your lender or the holder of your loan.

    • You may request forbearance from your lender or the holder of your loan during periods of hardship.

    • You may consolidate your loans, which may extend your repayment terms and increase your overall debt.

    • Default and its consequences, including reports to credit agencies and the probability of damaged credit for seven years or more.

    Note: You are obligated to the terms and conditions for repayment of your loan(s) even if your lender and/or school do not make the required disclosures, or if your loan is sold. Make sure you are well-informed.  Any loan borrowed by the student or parent will be submitted to the National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS), and will be accessed by guaranty agencies, lenders, and schools as determined to be authorized users of the data system.

    Your Responsibilities

    To Your School

    • Complete financial aid and loan forms accurately, truthfully and on time.

    • Read and keep forms you have signed, and copies of letters you have sent.

    • If requested, provide additional information or documentation.

    • Notify your school if there is a change in your name, address, phone number

           or attendance status; or if your (or your family’s) financial situation changes.

    • If you participate in the work study program, do your job satisfactorily.

    • Attend an exit interview before leaving school and provide all information

           that is requested

    To Your Lender (Notify your Lender)

    • If you change your name, address, phone number, Social Security Number or graduation date.

    • When you graduate, drop out, re-enroll in school, transfer to another school, or you drop below half-time status.

    • If anything changes your ability to repay your loan and seek a deferment or forbearance.

    • Before the due date of any monthly payment you will not be able to make.

      Note: You are obligated to repay your loan and all accrued and/or capitalized interest and fees according to the established repayment schedule even if you:

            - Drop out of do not complete your educational program

            - Are unable to find employment

            - Are dissatisfied with the education you received or other services you purchased from a school.

    If you cannot resolve a dispute over a loan with the school, you have the right to contact the Ombudsman Group.

    Methods of Contact: Phone: 1-877-557-2575 / Fax: 202-275-0549 /

    Postal Mail: FSA Ombudsman Group, 830 First Street, NE, Mail Stop 5144,

    Washington, DC 20202-5144


  • What types of aid are available and how much will I receive?

    Students are potentially eligible for two kinds of financial aid from the government: grants (which do not need to be repaid) and loans (which must be repaid with interest).


    Maximum Title IV Aid available to students:

    The Federal Direct Loan terms and conditions:

    Subject to a student’s eligibility, a borrower may qualify for Direct Loans as follows:

    Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans

    Dependent Undergraduates (excluding dependent students whose parents can’t get PLUS)


    Total (subsidized and unsubsidized)

    First Year (up to 24 credits, 2 year program)



    Second Year (25-59 credits, 2 year program)



    Third Year and Beyond

    (60 or more credits, 4 year program)



    Independent Undergraduates & Dependent Students whose parents can’t get PLUS


    Total (subsidized and unsubsidized)

    First Year (up to 24 credits, 2 year program)



    Second Year (25-59 credits, 2 year program)



    Third Year and Beyond

    (60 or more credits, 4 year program)



    Aggregate Limits for Sub/Unsub Loans (maximum total borrowing)



    Total (subsidized and unsubsidized)

    Dependent Undergraduates (excluding those whose parents can’t borrow PLUS)



    Independent Undergrads & Dependent Students whose parents can’t get PLUS




    There is an expense for the use of borrowed money, known as interest. Direct Subsidized and Direct Unsubsidized loan interest rates on loans disbursed after July 1,2015 and before July 1, 2016 is 4.29% These rates are variable.

    Below are Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and PLUS Loan fees first disbursed on or after Oct. 1, 2014.

    Type of Loan

    First Disbursement

    Loan Fee

    Direct Subsidized

    Direct Unsubsidized

    On or after 10/1/14 and before 10/1/15


    On or after 10/1/15 and before 10/1/16


    Direct PLUS

    On or after 10/1/14 and before 10/1/15


    On or after 10/1/15 and before 10/1/16


    There are different loan fees for Direct Loans disbursed before 10-1-2014. These rates can be found at:

    Master Promissory Note

    The document used to execute a legally binding agreement federal student loan is known as a Master Promissory Note (MPN). Your rights and responsibilities as a borrower as well as the terms and conditions of your loan(s) are located on this document. It can be used for one or more academic years. The standard repayment term for Direct Loans is 10 years.

    Subsidized Usage Limit Applies (SULA)

    As of July 1, 2013, a first-time borrower is subject to additional provisions authorized under the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21. SULA eligibility for a Direct Subsidized Loan cannot go beyond 150% of the length of the program the borrower is enrolled in. Exceeding the 150% limit may cause the borrower to lose Direct Subsidized Loan eligibility.

    For more information on student loans go to:

    Students may also qualify for Federal Pell grants.  Amounts change each award year.  Specific information may be obtained here:


    You will need to review your budget with the Financial Aid team.

  • What is federal student aid and how is eligibility determined?

    Federal Student Aid (FSA) is financial assistance for eligible students to help pay for their educational expenses while enrolled in college. FSA is the most common form of financial assistance students apply for and ought to be considered before private loans.

    To determine eligibility for federal loans and grants, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA is NOT a loan application and applying does not require any credit checks into your financial history. The FAFSA simply gives you information on what the federal government will contribute to your education, so you and your family can plan and budget early and more accurately.  You should complete the FAFSA even if you think you won't qualify, as most families ARE eligible for some form of federal student aid. We suggest that all incoming students apply for FAFSA at

  • What are grants and what grants are available?

    Grants are financial gifts that are not paid back. [The only time they must be paid back is if they are obtained through false information or if the student’s withdrawal from school creates an over-award.]

    • Federal Pell Grant
    • Tennessee Student Assistance Award
    • Department of Human Services sponsorship
  • What are Federal Direct Loans and how do I apply?

    Federal direct loans must be paid back regardless of whether a student graduates. Three of the most common loans are:

    • Subsidized Stafford
    • Unsubsidized Stafford
    • Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students – PLUS

    Before you apply for a Federal Direct Loan, you will need to complete entrance counseling at Then, you may apply for your loan by signing a Master Promissory Note at the same website.

    NSLDS Disclosure

    Please note that any loan borrowed by the student or parent will be submitted to the National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS), and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and schools determined to be authorized users of the data system. 

  • What aid is available to veterans?

    Fountainhead College is a Military-Friendly School and we support our military students and veterans by helping their financial aid process be as seamless as possible.

    If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs.  For example, the Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service connected disability after 30 days.  You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

    If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program.  Check your eligibility status and the amount for which you qualify with your Service prior to enrolling.

    If you are the spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the paygrades of E1-E5, O1-o3, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or the occupational licenses and credentials necessary for a portable career.

    If you are the spouse of child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member’s Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits to you.

    Learn more about our Veterans Benefit Programs 

    and also see the Financial Aid FAQ for "What types of aid are available and how much will I receive?"


  • What institutional programs are available?

    • Fountainhead payment plan
    • Retail Installment Contract (Tuition reimbursement)

Back to Top