(Training on the Tennessee Electronic Library)
Topic: College and Career Success
Fountainhead Library Catalog of Print and Media Resources
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Google Scholar Simple Search Precision Search
Caveat: Not all scholarly articles indexed in Google Scholar are free, but some are.
- JSTOR (jay-store) has made available, free of charge, all materials published before 1923. Please see bottom of this page for a few important JSTOR search tips.
Small Business Chronicle - A journal, has articles on industrial and organizational psychology and other topic.
Tennessee Electronic Library via GALE (TEL). Preferred access. A PASSWORD IS REQUIRED: Ask your instructor or the librarian. TEL Tutor (Help). Provides more than 60 databases. Each database contains materials from hundreds or thousands of publications. For guidance on which databases will be of the most use to you, please see the Course Resources Page for your program or course. USAGE HINT. On the first page, toggle off the pre-selected databases and choose the one(s) that interest you.
- TEL Alternative Access. THIS PATH VALIDATES YOUR LOCATION. Adds the following resources: WorldBook Encyclopedia; from ProQuest, HeritageQuest andThe Tennesseean; and several databases containing Tennessee primary sources, archives, and ancestry. It also provides a direct link intoThe Knoxville News Sentinel. USAGE HINT. Skip the search box on the first page. Instead, choose one of the links: Subject, All TEL Databases, or Advanced Search.
Expanded Academic ASAP
Communications & Mass Media Collection (CMMC) (1)
Criminal Justice Collection
Diversity Studies Collection
Pop Culture Collection
Small Business Collection
Vocations, Careers, & Technical Education Collection
News Databases (For a fuller discussion of how to find newspapers etc., see News Access.)
National Newspaper Index
(1) NOTE: CMMC must be accessed via the public TEL; it is not in Fountainhead Library's Gale-provided set. URL: www.tntel.tnsos.org. Via Fountainhead, use the Fourntainhead password. Inside, click: "All TEL Databases"; select CMMC. Otherwise, you must have a card from a public or other college library and use their password/PIN.
Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology of the American Psychological Association
Value of Industrial/Organizational Psychology, SPU – Industrial/Organization Psychology, Part 3 of 7, Seattle Pacific University
Managing Workplace Stress, Part 1 of 2, National School of Government, UK
How People Embrace Change, Dealing with Difficult People, Binna Kandola OBE, business psychologist
How to Succeed in Psychology Course. Ask.com
Psych Scholar - A portal to further resources
Open CourseWare Consortium Home Page. OCW Consortium offers a single-site access window into courseware uploaded from very many institutions of higher education, including some very high-quality ones, such as Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Univeristy of Michigan, University of Notre Dame, and University of California-Irvine and -Berkeley.
To prevent frustration and wasted time, always check the box labeled: “Include only content I can access.”
JSTOR does not have a true keyword search. The default is “Full-text,” meaning it searches the entire document. If the number of results from a full-text search is too large (more than 35-50), it will also be unfocused. Consider searching the Abstract (summary) field to obtain greater focus on relevancy.
Suggestions for the content of this page are welcome.