(Training on the Tennessee Electronic Library)
Topic: College and Career Success
Fountainhead Library Catalog of Print and Media Resources
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Google Scholar Simple Search Precision Search
Caveat: Not all scholarly articles indexed in Google Scholar are free, but some are.
- JSTOR (jay-store) has made available, free of charge, all materials published before 1923. Please see bottom of this page for a few important JSTOR search tips.
Small Business Chronicle - A journal, has articles on industrial and organizational psychology and other topic.
- Tennessee Electronic Library (TEL). All of the below, recommended databases are available on TEL via the Fountainhead Library except one. Instructions for accessing the latter are noted with it. Find TEL password here.
Asterisks indicate relative strength of the particular database for the Psychology courses.
Academic OneFile *
Expanded Academic ASAP *
General OneFile *
Communications & Mass Media Collection (CMMC) (1)
Criminal Justice Collection *
Diversity Studies Collection *
Pop Culture Collection *
Psychology Collection **
Small Business Collection
Vocations, Careers, & Technical Education Collection
News Databases (For a fuller discussion of how to find newspapers etc., see News Access.)
National Newspaper Index
(1) NOTE: CMMC must be accessed via the public TEL; it is not in Fountainhead Library's Gale-provided set. URL: www.tntel.tnsos.org. Via Fountainhead, use the Fourntainhead password. Inside, click: "All TEL Databases"; select CMMC. Otherwise, you must have a card from a public or other college library and use their password/PIN.
- Citizenship and Immigration Service, Bureau of
- Civil Rights, Commission on
- Fine Arts, Commission on
- Indian Affairs, Bureau of
- Labor Statistics, Bureau of
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology of the American Psychological Association
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Inc. (SIOP)
- Value of Industrial/Organizational Psychology, SPU – Industrial/Organization Psychology, Part 3 of 7, Seattle Pacific University
- Managing Workplace Stress, Part 1 of 2, National School of Government, UK
- Creating Resilient Leaders, Part 1 Creating Resilient Leaders, Part 2, National School of Government, UK
- How People Embrace Change, Dealing with Difficult People, Binna Kandola OBE, business psychologist
- How to Succeed in Psychology Course. Ask.com
- Psychology Tutorials and Demonstrations
- Psych Scholar - A portal to further resources
- Social Psychology Network:
Open CourseWare Consortium Home Page. OCW Consortium offers a single-site access window into courseware uploaded from very many institutions of higher education, including some very high-quality ones, such as Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Univeristy of Michigan, University of Notre Dame, and University of California-Irvine and -Berkeley.
- To prevent frustration and wasted time, always check the box labeled: “Include only content I can access.”
- JSTOR does not have a true keyword search. The default is “Full-text,” meaning it searches the entire document. If the number of results from a full-text search is too large (more than 35-50), it will also be unfocused. Consider searching the Abstract (summary) field to obtain greater focus on relevancy.
Suggestions for the content of this page are welcome.