Databases and Journals
Government Resources and SitesÂ Â
Government Strategies on CybersecurityÂ Â
Stimulating Speakers (TED Talks)Â
Topics:Â College and Career SuccessÂ
Fountainhead Library Catalog of Print and Media Resources
- Â AMSER Applied Math and Science Education Repository. Information and Security Technologies. 500+ articles on this topical area.
- ARXIVÂ (ar-kive) Open access to more than 700,000 e-prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance and Statistics
- Directory of Open Access JournalsÂ Computer Science JournalsÂ (over 300)
- Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review
- Mitre.org Technical Papers Archives (1997-2011; numerous articles, diverse topics; no search software)
Tennessee Electronic Library via GALE (TEL). Preferred access. A PASSWORD IS REQUIRED: Ask your instructor or the librarian.Â TEL Tutor (Help).Â Provides more than 60 databases. Each database contains materials from hundreds or thousands of publications. For guidance on which databases will be of the most use to you, please see theÂ Course Resources Page for your program or course. USAGE HINT. On the first page, toggle off the pre-selected databases and choose the one(s) that interest you.
- TEL Alternative Access. THIS PATH VALIDATES YOUR LOCATION. Adds the following resources: WorldBook Encyclopedia; from ProQuest, HeritageQuest andThe Tennesseean; and several databases containing Tennessee primary sources, archives, and ancestry. It also provides a direct link intoThe Knoxville News Sentinel. USAGE HINT. Skip the search box on the first page. Instead, choose one of the links: Subject, All TEL Databases, or Advanced Search.
Multi-Subject Databases Recommended
- Academic OneFile
- Expanded Academic ASAP
- General OneFile
Subject-Oriented Databases Recommended
- Criminal Justice Collection
- Diversity Studies Collection
- Military & Intelligence Collection
- Psychology Collection
- Vocations, Careers, & Technical Education Collection
Reference Databases RecommendedÂ
Most multi-subject databases also include reference materials.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- General Reference Center Gold
News Databases Recommended
(For a fuller discussion of how to find newspapers etc.,
see News Access.)Â
- Info-Track Newsstand
- National Newspaper Index
Articles and Reports
"Cybercrime statistics wildly inaccurate, says researcher." Cormac Herley of Microsoft Research. Homeland Security Newswire. 29 June 2011.
Cyber Crime Statistics. Bureau of Justice
Electronic Crime Information. National Institute of Justice. Select "Electronic Crime" from the list of topics.
Investigate Cyber Crime. FBI.
Computer Crime & Intellectual Property Section, Department of Justice (News,Reports, Cases, Policy, Evidence, Legal).
Computer Emergency Readiness Team
Cybersecurity, Department of Homeland Security
Defense Information Systems AgencyÂ Â
Defense Personnel Security Research Center (PERSEREC)Â
National Initiative for CyberSecurity Education (NICE)
White House Foreign Policy on CybersecurityÂ
DHS Blueprint for a Secure Cyber FutureÂ (Dept. Homeland Security)
DoD Strategy for Operating in CyberspaceÂ (Dept. of Defense, 2011)
International Strategy for CyberspaceÂ (White House, 2011)Â
National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)Â (Nat'l. Institute of Standards and Technology)
National Security StrategyÂ (White House, 2010)
National Strategy for Information Sharing and SafeguardingÂ (White House, 2012)
National Strategy for Trusted Identities in CyberspaceÂ (NIST, 2011)
NIST Cybersecurity FrameworkÂ
Trustworthy Cyberspace: Strategic Plan for the Federal Cybersecurity R&D ProgramÂ (White House, 2011)
Open CourseWare Consortium Home Page. OCW Consortium offers a single-site access window into courseware uploaded from very many institutions of higher education, including some very high-quality ones, such as Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Univeristy of Michigan, University of Notre Dame, and University of California-Irvine and -Berkeley.
- "Cybercrime statistics expose five industries most susceptible to phishing attacks." PRNewswire. 23 May 2011.Â
- Coakley, Chris, Jay Freeman, and Robert Dick. "Next-Generation Protection Against Reverse Engineering."Â Â Anacapa Sciences. Feb. 4, 2005. White paper.
Cyber Crime Statistics (Internet Crime Compliant Center [IC3]
Counter Hacker ChallengesÂ (Excercises, Stories)Â Â Â
Behind the Great Firewall of China: Internet Censorship, 2009-2012Â
See also the TED Talks speakers listed on the Computer Technologies and Electronics page.
High Tech Crime Investigation Association
International Information Security Systems Consortium (ISC)
ISACA (Formerly: Information Security and Audit Control)Â
(ISC)2 Security Transcends Technology, (ISC)2 Code of EthicsÂ Â
The Operations Security Professional's OrganizationÂ
Suggestions for the content of this page are welcome.