Databases and Journals
Stimulating Speakers (TED Talks)
(Training on the Tennessee Electronic Library) *NEW*
Web Resources (Articles, Blogs,
Information and Training Sites)
Fountainhead Library Catalog of Print and Media Resources
- *NEW* AMSER Applied Math and Science Education Repository. Information and Security Technologies. 500+ articles on this topical area.
- ARXIV (ar-kive) Open access to more than 700,000 e-prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance and Statistics
- Directory of Open Access Journals Computer Science Journals (over 300)
- Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review
- Mitre.org Technical Papers Archives (1997-2011; numerous articles, diverse topics; no search software)
- Tennessee Electronic Library. Find the TEL password here. TEL Tutor.
** Asterisks stand beside primary recommendations.
Others are recommended depending on research topic.
Expanded Academic ASAP**
Criminal Justice Collection**
Diversity Studies Collection
Military & Intelligence Collection**
Vocations, Careers, & Technical Education Collection
Reference Databases Most multi-subject databases also include reference materials.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
General Reference Center Gold
News Databases (For a fuller discussion of how to find newspapers etc., see News Access.)
National Newspaper Index
"Cybercrime statistics wildly inaccurate, says researcher." Cormac Herley of Microsoft Research. Homeland Security Newswire. 29 June 2011.Data and Reference Information
Cyber Crime Statistics. Bureau of Justice
Electronic Crime Information. National Institute of Justice. Select "Electronic Crime" from the list of topics.
Investigate Cyber Crime. FBI.
Federal (Cybercrime) Law Enforcement Contacts
Computer Crime & Intellectual Property Section, Department of Justice (News,Reports, Cases, Policy, Evidence, Legal).
Computer Emergency Readiness Team
Cyber Security, Department of Homeland Security
Defense Information Systems Agency
Defense Personnel Security Research Center (PERSEREC)
National Initiative for CyberSecurity Education (NICE)
Open CourseWare Consortium Home Page. OCW Consortium offers a single-site access window into courseware uploaded from very many institutions of higher education, including some very high-quality ones, such as Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Univeristy of Michigan, and University of California-Irvine.
OCW COURSE LISTING BREAKDOWNS. Numbers listed below are the approximate (~) number of courses in English, from all institutions, discovered by search on the quoted term, June 25, 2012. The site can be searched by any word or phrase; and additional paths of discovery are available also.
Articles OnlineMandiant Mandiant in the News M-unition Blog A company which presents news and blog articles with archives.
- "Cybercrime statistics expose five industries most susceptible to phishing attacks." PRNewswire. 23 May 2011.
- "Howard Schmidt." Wikipedia article about the Obama Administration's Cyber-Security Coordinator.
- Coakley, Chris, Jay Freeman, and Robert Dick. "Next-Generation Protection Against Reverse Engineering." Anacapa Sciences. Feb. 4, 2005. White paper.
Cyber Crime Statistics (Internet Crime Compliant Center [IC3]
Behind the Great Firewall of China: Internet Censorship, 2009-2012
See also the TED Talks speakers listed on the Computer Technologies and Electronics page.
High Tech Crime Investigation Association
International Information Security Systems Consortium (ISC)
ISACA (Formerly: Information Security and Audit Control)
(ISC)2 Security Transcends Technology, (ISC)2 Code of Ethics
The Operations Security Professional's Organization
Suggestions for the content of this page are welcome.