Topic: College and Career Success *NEW*
Fountainhead Library Catalog of Print and Media Resources
- Tennessee Electronic Library (TEL). All of the below, recommended databases are available on TEL via the Fountainhead Library except one. Instructions for accessing the latter are noted with it. Find TEL password here. TEL Tutor.
Expanded Academic ASAP
Diversity Studies Collection
Pop Culture Collection
Most multi-subject databases also include reference materials.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
General Reference Center Gold
News Databases (For a fuller discussion of how to find newspapers etc., see News Access.)
National Newspaper Index
- Google Scholar Simple Search Precision Search
Caveat: Not all scholarly articles indexed in Google Scholar are free, but some are.
- Bills and Laws of Congress, back to 1989 (101st Congress) via Thomas
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Citizenship and Immigration Service, Bureau of
- Civil Rights, Commission on
- Humanities, National Endowment for the
- Indian Affairs, Bureau of
- Library of Congress
- National Archives. Research by Topic
- Smithsonian Institution. Smithsonian Encyclopedia
- U.S. Government Photos and Images
- White House Briefing RoomHistory
Open CourseWare Consortium Home Page. OCW Consortium offers a single-site access window into courseware uploaded from very many institutions of higher education, including some very high-quality ones, such as Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Univeristy of Michigan, and University of California-Irvine.
OCW COURSE LISTING BREAKDOWNS. Numbers listed below are the approximate (~) number of courses in English, from all institutions, discovered by search on the quoted term, June 25, 2012. The site can be searched by any word or phrase; and additional paths of discovery are available also.
- History.com. Topics. Caveat: commercial television publications.
- Internet Movie Database IMDb.
- History resources via the Internet Public Library 2 (IPL2)
- “U.S. Constitution.” A video-illustrated presentation of how the Constitution established and maintains the U.S. Government. Features Chief Justice John Roberts live and other prominent speakers on recordings. 9/5/2006. C-SPAN video. 18 minutes.
- U.S. History.org
Suggestions for the content of this page are welcome.